Friday, July 18, 2014

Geneva, Switzerland

Well I dragged my feet on posting because I've been having so much fun here! I'm very sad to be leaving in a few days, even though I'm looking forward to my next visits too! Let's catch you up, shall we?

Last week Étienne's sister and brother in law visited on a rainy day and we played cards and games all day. I played skip-Bo with my grandparents a lot when I was younger so I loved playing it again! (And winning ;)
Then the kids had some bonding time...
Including this game where you try not to laugh first. They laughed quickly!
Later in the week we went shopping and ran a few errands. This was the makeshift wheelchair for Audrey before they hit that water filled crack you see and she went sprawling!
Sunday, Étienne and I worked a market near the mountain where we hiked two weeks ago. It was a tad gloomy so there weren't a ton of people but we did okay! Of course, it poured when we were loading the van...
Everyone laughed when I bought comic books in French to practice the language...but it looks like Étienne came around to my side!
July 14th was the holiday that remembers the French Revolution. Basically the French 4th of July. Guy lab was part of this marching band/parade that went through the town. If Audrey's foot wasn't broken, she'd go to. It was amazing, there were the veterans and firefighters in the parade and a ton of civilians who followed behind. I loved it. It was hot though and at one of the stops by a memorial, a drummer passed out. Two seconds later, two if the firefighters scooped him up and out of sight and the band played their song. It was so fast a quiet and no one freaked out! I feel like if that happened in the states there's be more of a hullabaloo. 
After the parade we went to a friends house where they were having a lunch party. We didn't leave until 7pm haha! We had an awesome time playing in the pool. I started a game of Marco Polo that went on for quite a while.
Étienne, Audrey, and Nico had a breath holding competition.
The blackberries are in season!



Yesterday, I visited Geneva, Switzerland. I loved it! It's gorgeous, the people are friendly, the streets are clean, and there are free toilets everywhere. What's not to love? Just kidding, it's super expensive.
But their money is super cute!
I skated at this park for close to 4 hours. I missed skating!
Then I skated around the city and looked for a place to swim in lake Geneva, because I was hot! The Jet D'eau is a super famous tourist attraction on the lake. I don't know if you can see how big it is, but it's HUGE.
And I found one. Crystal clear, cold water. Perfect on a hot day after skating. I swam for a while and payed out to dry before beginning a hunt for food.
I got some icecream while I skated along the waters edge. Mmmmmmm
All in all, I really liked Switzerland! What a great day trip!


I'm sad to leave montmelian, but excited to meet all my English cousins in a few days :) And then back to Barbara, Jerome, Celestine, and Ema!

No comments:

Post a Comment