Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Ballet Skating, Driving Tractors Like a Winner, and Beehives Round 2

So, I have no excuse for not posting sooner. I was just too lazy to plug my phone into my computer and download the photos...Sorry! Here's my life for the past few weeks :) It won't be a long wait for the next post because I'll be visiting Marta and Guillaume in Bordeaux on Thursday for a fun skate trip.
 My gloves were new when I came to France. I've definitely got my money's worth with these!
 I'm willing my shoes to last to December as well...
 Cleaning up for a concert we hosted at the house :)
 This is one of the things I did while working in the flour mill :) A little bit of Florida!
 This is a good family right here. Doing summer workbooks to prepare for school starting. Adorable!
 Mushroom picking, cleaning, and drying for use in pizza or omelets. mmm!
 Patched up some of my jeans as well. Thrifty and crafty!
 This is a fig.
 I learned how to braid my hair! For those of you who don't know me well, this is monumental. (It's not perfect...YET!)
 I love riding our bikes into down each Monday for the market.
 The concert! We held it in the barn because it rained that day. It was great! We had about 30 people come for it.
 I drove this tractor while we were collecting hay. It's manual and Jess would be proud!
 I took a picture of Barbara working with the bees again. This time from a safer distance. I did NOT get stung this time :)
 Then we started collecting the honey. Barbara used the knife to get rid of the film over the honey when she wasn't slicing off bits of her left hand by accident...
 I used my muscles to spin the honey off the boards.
 Notice her left hand is now bandaged? Yeah... The dangers of beekeeping ;)
 All the honey!
 Ready for a ticket and then it'll be brought to the Monday markets :)
 First day of school!
 I found this awesome Indo board (A.K.A: rusty pipe and plank of wood) at the flour mill. Entertainment!
 Jerome and I have been working on the roof for the past week, replacing busted shingles and cleaning the moss and dirt out from inside. This is when we were about halfway done.
 What? What do YOU wear to the skatepark?
 Homy is one stylin' lady.
 Celestine, her trusty steed, and Ema may have had something to do with it ;) How cute is this picture!?
 Speaking of cute...
 Sunday we went to this Roman ruins museum in Perigueux. It was awesome! I love how they built the museum around the ruins so you can still see how it's all laid out.
 I took this today, we only have about 9 rows left! Woo! I took this panorama style, so you can see the driveway and the back yard.
I too this photo for Barbara so she could put it on Couchsurfing.com for when they visit Paris next month. I'll miss this family! I'm here for another week and a half. I'm going to be so sad to go.


But very excited to see Paris for a month :)

I'll try not to abandon you all for so long next time... c:

No comments:

Post a Comment