Monday, May 5, 2014

Hell Beauty, Too Much Fitness, and a Horse?

After all that nonsense with the bees, you'd think I'd reached my quota of stings for the year (or life, preferably!) But yesterday I got stung by a hornet, which hurts much more, in case you were wondering. I killed him after. A lot. He was super dead. But this morning I woke up with a monumental finger :0 So I guess he got the last laugh. Just kidding, he can't laugh because he's DEAD. Sorry, am I vindictive?
 Gigantor, the finger
 We built more of the wall next to the new bread oven for a while
 We did laundry, and then I did mine too :)
 I rode to Chalais and back so I could go to the post office and also get a cheap phone that works in France for emergencies. In case you were wondering, it's a nice, fun, breezy, downhill ride on the way there. On the way back, it's 5 kilometers of the most beautiful uphill hell.
 Some of said hell beauty

 Then! As soon as I arrive at the house, out of breath, read faced, legs-a-burnin, Barbara asks, "Are you ready to run?"

The run she speaks of is a 4 mile up and down run (with no stops) that I barely survived the first time.

But I felt so great after, that I of course said yes.

I survived again...barely.
This is how farmers run ;) With a horse and a dog! (dog is next to me...)

It was a pleasant run; beautiful nature, the sun shining, cool breeze, and the scent of horse farts floating in the air.






1 comment: