Saturday, May 3, 2014

Cats, Flour, and the Biggest Skatepark in France

I'm having a great time in Chalais. Here are some pictures from the past couple of days :)
 The cats really love my room! I'm constantly kicking them out. This morning when I opened the door, I heard the cat sprinting down the hallway.
 I finally put my new boots to work after it rained!
 We're helping to build a second bread oven. The girls spectate occasionally :)
 Yesterday, I helped to turn the grain into flour for bread. This is the machine to start the process.
You start with this and put it in above machine.
Then you have this.
 You put that in the machine on the right, which is a sifter.
 And it makes this! Ready to go :)
 Flour gets everywhere!
 The girls waited patiently.
 And after we all climbed to the top of the hay and pushed two barrels down. It was fun!




Bordeaux Skate Park

I went to Bordeaux today and met up with Marta and Guillaume, the awesome couple that let me stay with them after my Germany train fiasco. We skated from their studio to the largest skatepark in France, Bordeaux Skate Park. It was GREAT! Guillaume filmed because I left my fisheye at the farm. Hopefully we'll see that footage eventually!
 The skate to the park was very nice. Ironically, I didn't tell them I was taking this photo. They're just that friendly looking all the time!
 And this is the skatepark! So nice!
I should have taken photos from all over the park, but this was my very favorite. Next weekend I'm going back for a competition, so I'll post more photos then :)

All in all, a GREAT day of skating!

No comments:

Post a Comment