Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Remember that one time? When I got lost? Yeah...

How much could I have to blog about so soon, you ask? Well, funny story. Remember that one time, in Germany, when I got lost? Yeah...I ended up in the middle of no where again 0.0
Here's what happened:
There is a Puget Ville gare and a Puget Thernier gare. I went to the wrong one. Mind you, I did ask someone if it was the right one at the Nice gare, and he said yes. However, I'm thinking he thought I asked, "would you like me to go away right now?" Nevertheless, I went to the wrong one. It made the tiny gare in Germany look like downtown central!
This is the shack of a station. I was thinking I'd have to sleep there until I saw there was one last train for the night. Going back toward Nice, which is where I had to go ;)
I asked a stranger how to get to the Chappel that Diego told me about, she was the one who enlightened me that I was not in the right place. Thank goodness I bought that cheap French phone for emergencies! I called the family's number and listened to their voice mail, she left a cell number but I could only get 4 numbers out of it, she spoke SO fast! So I asked a stranger to listen to it and write down the number, which she did. Thanks stranger! Now I called and spoke with an American wwoofer at the farm to figure everything out. So I said, see ya tomorrow! And I'd figure out how to get back to Nice. And then it started raining.
This is right after I found out I did it again... It makes such good memories, I really can't even be mad! Plus, I have pepper spray, so I'm basically invincible.
So I waited to hitch a ride on the last train
And planned where the correct station is that I had to depart from. Mind you, it's about two streets away from the station I went to...
Then I hopped on the train! The song 'I'm a Boss' was stuck in my head the entire time. But on my way to the (wrong) gare, I had noticed (innocently) that no one checked my ticket. Plus, the gare was closed so I couldn't buy one anyway. So I jumped off the train at the connecting station and jumped on the very next one that showed up, hoping it was going to Nice (it was). No one checked for my non existant ticket there either (boss). Which is good because I already wasted money going to the middle of nowhere! I called up the great hostel to tell them I'm coming back! I even got the same room :) so I'm eating my complimentary breakfast and drinking hot chocolate before I check out more of Nice and go to the farm for real this time! 

P.s I'm glad I didn't glare at that girl, the showers are always cold here. Now I'm just impressed that she took such a long shower when it was so cold!

P.p.s I did want more time to explore Nice...

Wish granted! Here are the pics from today's exploring.

After buying my ticket, I decided to go to the beach since it was sunny and perfect out. I walked through this big market on my way. I bought an apple to much on at the beach :)
Gorgeous! So blue, it seems as if the water is glowing. And the air was cool. Perfect for sitting and enjoying the day while listening to Frank Sinatra's That's Life. Mmmhmmm.
Snack time
With a natural seat curved in the stones. I love this view!
At the old appear theater was this tiny monument about the Statue of Liberty in New York. A french guy asked me to snap his picture and we chatted about how funny it was that we had the big one in the states and they just have this little guy.
Then I went to Garibaldi Place and walked through the tiny streets around it to search for a lunch spot.
I found this nice little place and got a naan wrap, mmmmm. And for 3 euros!
Then I found this modern art museum (free, and free restrooms!) and explored here for a while. While a lot of the stuff was very interesting, what I really take away from it is that people are super weird...
But it had this cool walkway on the roof with some art pieces. I liked it for the view of the city.
I liked looking down the streets from up top:)
And these guys were skating the steps if the museum! So I watched them for a bit and now I'm in the fancy mall next to the hostel, while I catch you up ;)

I feel I'll have to post less frequently on this next farm so hopefully these last few eventful days will hold you over! 

2 comments: