Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Safely Back In Chalais...Eventually

So I may have hinted at a slight hiccup in my travel from Germany...again. I just can't figure out their trains! The French trains are SO easy! Anywho, I missed my train to france... Who knew there were TWO Mannheim stops? Now I do :) So after swapping my tickets around, I make my way to Bordeaux where Marta and Guillaume are my saviors! I face booked Marta when I had a few minutes of wifi in Germany and asked if I could stay with her for a night since I was stuck in Bordeaux. There were no more tickets to Chalais at that time :( She said yes! Which is amazing. The were both recovering from being sick and they still were kind enough to let me stay there. THANKS YOU TWO! We ate dinner with Guillaume's mom (delicious) and chilled in front of the tv till slumber time. I made it back to Chalais safe and sound :)
Marta and Guillaume had this dog, Hippo. I think his name should be changed to Manatee, personally
See below for the striking resemblance...

 Just saying...
 The walk to the close tram stop to return to the station and back to Chalais :)


Chalais again!
 Barbara's sister and kids were visiting :) So I taught them all to skate in the barn :)
 Thomas learned a lot!

 Ema had my phone and snapped this candid photo of lesson time ;) Thanks, Ema!

We went to the skatepark the next morning and everyone loved it. I was sad to see them go.



We'll see what happens next!


No comments:

Post a Comment