Monday, June 23, 2014

A Day in the Sweet Life of Fruit Farmers

So I'm a fan of this farm. We work more than on the other farm, but the work is easier and it's done with good people so I don't mind! Here's what we did yesterday.
We picked currants in the morning. We picked up a friend of Étienne's, Cecile. She loves life. Ohh lala! These currents are beautiful! The sun is wonderful! The clouds are wonderful too! This soap smells lovely! Etc. A very nice person to be around. :)
We ended up with a bunch of currants! Later we picked black currants and white currants, too.
We ate lunch together outside, delicious and wonderful weather.
Then I helped Étienne with the jelly while Catherine and Cecile picked more currants.
In case you were wondering, there's a TON of suger in jelly. I hate to shatter that illusion... ;)
You can see how awesome Étienne is just by the expression on his face. Haha! 

This morning I had fresh red currant jam with my toast. What a satisfying breakfast!

1 comment: