Sunday, June 29, 2014

Cassandra: Professional French Folk Dancer

Today I did some unplanned French folk dancing. But first!
Yesterday we worked in this farmer store filled with produce from all the local farmers. They take turns manning the store. Étienne watched the register while Catherine and I restocked, stickers, organized, and ate bread.

Our work! And Étienne photo bombing.

This morning I went for a run before starting the day. I got up at 5:50! I like having time in the morning. The more the merrier!

Then we went to a town that I forgot the name of for a festival. It was pretty slow so we took turns walking around.

I found this public toilet that I refused to use. I have standards.

There was archery and even blow darts for the kids to try!

And a zip line over the canal. Very cool.

Oh, and folk dancing and music right behind our booth! So of course when they asked for volunteers, they came to us because we were so close. Catherine absolutely refused, so I ended up going twice. But, hey! I'm in France! Why not? So I said yes and saved Catherine ;)

And it was super fun!

Oh the memories I've made today. What a riot!

And this cool parade came through.

With regal looking folks.


It ended up being a great day, topped off with a nice chat with Patrick via FaceTime, and a bit of soccer with Nicholas at the house. Tomorrow is Sunday, and while I'm sad to see Catherine go, I'm excited to see what memories I will make with the family! 

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Cassandra! So glad you're having fun. I love your blog and can hear your voice so clearly through these posts.
    Xox,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete